We are at the end of the 10 weeks of recipes from D’Orsogna. 8 recipes created by Matt Golinski and made and shared by me and two which I created myself to fit the brief of lunches that are far from boring. I will re-share the links to the other 9 recipes at the end in case you missed them.
Today I have made these healthy Ham & Salad Rice Paper Rolls which are colourful, packed full of flavour and goodness. I have used D’Orsogna Deli Fresh Honey Leg Ham as it has a nice sweet undertone to complement the selection of vegetables I have used.
1 Packet D’Orsogna Deli Fresh Honey Leg Ham
1 Large Carrot, grated
1/2 Cucumber cut into 5cm length battons
1/2 Capsicum, cut into thin strips
Snow Pea Shoots
Try any combination of vegetables (as long as they aren’t watery like tomato) that your family enjoys.
LET’S PUT IT ALTOGETHER
1. Prepare all your vegetables.
2. Fill a 30cm round bowl with tap water
3. Lay a clean hand towel on the bench and place one piece of rice paper into the bowl of water. Allow to sit for 30 seconds or until it softens.
4. Remove from the water and place onto the hand towel gently, making sure it pays flat.
5. Place your fillings (ham first) onto the rice paper about 5 cm in from the top.
6. Follow this guide to wrap and roll.
7. Repeat with remaining ingredients or until you have made as many as you need.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to enjoy. If wanting to make the night before, place a damp paper towel on the bottom of the container, place the rolls in then top with more damp paper towel and cover. They do tend to dry up a little in the fridge overnight.
I would prep your ingredients the night before and the rehydrate the rice paper and roll in the morning as it takes very little time to do this.
Tips for packing for the lunchbox: Place into an airtight container that will allow them to lye flat. I recommend using a small piece of grease proof paper to separate each roll as they do like to stick to each other. Send with a small container of dipping sauce like Plum or Hoisin.
MISSED THE OTHER 9 WEEKS OF RECIPES
Week 1: Honey Ham Wraps with Apple and Celery Slaw
Week 2: Chorizo and Potato Croquettes
Week 3: Pizza Supremes
Week 4: Great Aussie Sandwich
Week 5: Chicken and Avocado Tacos
Week 6: 2 Minute Fried Rice
Week 7: 2 Minute Double Smoked Ham, Mushroom and Parmasen Omelette
Week 8: Croque Monsieur
Week 9: Spicy Chorizo Rainbow Pasta Salad