The sandwich has been a lunchtime staple in lunch boxes for what feels like eternity. This Great Aussie Sandwich by Matt Golinski for D’Orsogna Deli Fresh is a great one to add to your list of sandwich creations.
The Old English Ham and seeded mustard mayonnaise give it a nice warm flavour that is off set nicely by the fresh salad. I know I will be taking this one to work for lunch as well.
- 100g D’Orsogna Deli Fresh Old English Ham
- 200g Vintage English Cheddar
- 1 loaf Crusty White Bread
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Tomato
- 20g of spreadable Butter
- 100g Seeded Mustard Mayonnaise
- Cut the bread loaf into 8 thick 2 cm slices and lay a slice of D’Orsogna Deli Fresh Old English Ham on 4 of the slices.
- Add some sliced avocado and tomato.
- Top up with cheese and fresh lettuce.
- Spread the butter and the seeded mustard mayonnaise onto the 4 other slices of bread before closing the sandwich.
Click here to view the recipe on the Lunchtime Legend website
Take a look at the video showing you exactly what to do.
We enjoyed these on a picnic lunch. My two boys aren’t into salad yet so it was a simple Old English Ham and Cheese sandwich for them while hubby and I both enjoyed this flavour combination.
How to pack in the lunchbox: When making a sandwich with tomato there are two important steps to take to make sure the sandwich isn’t soggy by lunchtime.
1. Place the sliced tomato onto a paper towel and pat to remove excess juice
2. Place in between two other non-wet ingredients like the ham and cheese and not directly on the bread.
A sandwich fits perfectly into these square lunch boxes, no plastics to worry about. Otherwise you can use the traditional method of wrapping in cling wrap or placing into a ziplock bag.
GIVEAWAY: I have a $30 Woolworths gift card to giveaway to one lucky reader so you can recreate this sandwich at home. All you have to do is use the rafflecopter widget below to enter. OPEN TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS ONLY.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post, I was provided payment as well as the ingredients to make the recipe. All opinions expressed are my own.
The D’Orsogna Deli Fresh range is available exclusively from Woolworths.
(Visited 157 times, 2 visits today)