Fried Rice in a flash is what you could call this. It is so quick and easy and also well balanced with protein, carbs and vegetables. D’Orsogna’s 2 Minute Fried Rice by Matt Golinski is so easy to make you will find yourself making all types of excuses to have fried rice every week.
The help of packet (pre cooked) rice makes this recipe so quick and easy. Of course you could cook your rice from fresh, you can even freeze cooked rice in zip lock bags for up to 3 months to make it just as quick using fresh cooked rice. I have used the pre-cooked brown rice instead of the white rice as suggested to boost the fibre content of this meal as well.
- 100g D’Orsogna Premium Leg Ham, diced
- 2 x 250g packet of 90 sec White Rice
- 2 Eggs, whisked together
- 1 Spring Onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup diced Red Capsicum
- ½ cup Green Peas
- 60ml Light Soy Sauce
- 30ml Peanut or Olive Oil
- Microwave the rice on high for 90 seconds to reheat.
- Heat and lightly oil a wok.
- Pour in the eggs and swirl to coat in a thin even layer.
- Allow the egg to just set and then tip out onto a chopping board.
- When cooled a little, cut into ½ cm strips.
- Return the wok to the heat, turn up to high, and add the spring onion, capsicum, peas and ham.
- Stir fry quickly for 1 minute, then add the rice and strips of omelette.
- Stir until heated through, season with soy sauce and serve immediately.