1 Whole Pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks – I used JAP, butternut would be preferable as it is sweeter
2 Medium sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1 Onion, peeled and cut into chunks
2 Cloves garlic, peeled
6 Cups Chicken Stock
2 Tsp Gourmet Garden Thyme or 1 Tsp Fresh
Pepper to taste
LET’S PUT IT ALTOGETHER
- Place All ingredients into your slow cooker.
- Set to low and cook for 8 hours or on high and cook for 4 hours.
- Once all vegetables are soft, turn the slow cooker off and place a stick mixer into the slow cooker where the ingredients are and blend until smooth.
- You can also ladle the ingredients into a food process or blender.
- Enjoy with crusty bread or these Cheese and Herb Muffins.
Optional: Add some cream before serving
SERVES: 4 – 6