1 Whole Pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks – I used JAP, butternut would be preferable as it is sweeter
2 Medium sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1 Onion, peeled and cut into chunks
2 Cloves garlic, peeled
6 Cups Chicken Stock
2 Tsp Gourmet Garden Thyme or 1 Tsp Fresh
Pepper to taste
LET’S PUT IT ALTOGETHER
- Place All ingredients into your slow cooker.
- Set to low and cook for 8 hours or on high and cook for 4 hours.
- Once all vegetables are soft, turn the slow cooker off and place a stick mixer into the slow cooker where the ingredients are and blend until smooth.
- You can also ladle the ingredients into a food process or blender.
- Enjoy with crusty bread or these Cheese and Herb Muffins.
Optional: Add some cream before serving
SERVES: 4 – 6
(Visited 24,859 times, 21 visits today)
Have made this today! It is divine! My family loves it! I was always ‘scared’of trying to make a soup – this is simple and brillant. Thank you!
Thank you for the feedback I am glad your family enjoyed it.
this sounds great – am going to make it right now
Awesome recipe! FYI adding bacon/pancetta gives a great smokey taste
love these recipes and would like to subscribe, only if free however
Hi Crystal, all the recipes I post on this website are FREE, no fee to subscribe. Enjoy. Amanda
Just put this in the slow cooker can’t wait!!
hi if i wanted to add some soup mix in, when would i add them???
What kind of soup mix, the dried lentil variety?
OMG so easy will definitely be trying this.
Will be having the slow cooked pumpkin soupp for dinner tonight– its on right now! — Am looking forward to it!
Hi Amanda, Why can’t I pin your recipes on to my Pinterest board anymore? I noticed this with another recipe earlier this week.
I have just done some updates so it should be working now. 🙂