1 700 gram jar of Passata
1 Zucchini, grated
1 Carrot, grated
1 Onion, sliced finely
1/2 Capsicum, diced
2 Tsp Gourmet Garden Basil
2 Tsp Gourmet Garden Chunky Garlic
1 Tsp Sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place zucchini, carrot, onion, garlic paste, capsicum and basil in a small saucepan with a little olive oil and cook stirring continually until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the Passata, sugar and salt and pepper. Continue to stir and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a slow summer uncovered stirring occasionally for 1 hour.
- If it begins to thicken add a little water.
- Bottle in a sterilised jar and store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Alternatively freeze in small portions in an ice cube tray to add to the littlies meals as needed.
14 grams dry yeast
3 Cups Plain Flour
3 Tbs Olive Oil
2 Tsp Sugar
1-2 Cups warm water
- Place the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Place the yeast and sugar in a jug and add 1 cup warm water, stir and allow to sit until the mixture starts to froth. This is when you know the yeast has been activated and is ready to add to the flour.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour and salt and stir with a knife.
- Place the mixture onto a floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes until the dough forms a soft ball.
- Place back in the bowl and sit in a warm position with a hand towel over it.
- It will double in size, this is when you can ‘punch’ it back down knead for 30 seconds and return to the bowl until you are ready to use it.
Time: approx 3 hours for the rising process.
- Roll out your base
- Cover with sauce
- Add your favourite toppings.