Entertaining season is knocking at our door and I am always looking for ways to make delicious and easy food to serve while we are watching the kids play in the pool and so on. You can’t go wrong with a cobb loaf dip served in a Kmart tray of course.
This is a ham and cheese cobb loaf dip that is all mixed together, poured into the cobb loaf and heated in the oven. When cooked you have a baked cheesy top that when broken through released the oozing cheese, ham, spring onion and olive centre. So delicious, so easy and completely satisfying.
Because the cobb loaf is baked in the oven with the dip, the sides are so crunchy making it quite addictive – you know that crunchy bread addicitiveness with something soft and creamy soaking up the fluffly bread on the inside (my mouth is watering just typing this), and if yours is too, then give it a try.
I have used my D’Orsogna Premium Australian Ham purchased from the Deli counter at my local Woolworths.
Just by purchasing more that $6 worth you are eligible to enter to win a family holiday to Italy’s Amalfi Coast, or 1 of 3 Bali Getaways as second place prizes.
- Buy the Ham $6 worth
- Use it to make this delicious cobb loaf dip
- Enter here for your chance to win: https://
www.dorsogna.com.au/ WinAHoliday Full T&Cs on the website.
200gm D’Orsogan Premium Australian Ham, diced
1 Cobb Loaf
125gm Light Cream Cheese, softened
250ml Light Sour Cream
2 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 Tsp Pepper, ground
1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, grated
1/4 Cup Spring Onions, sliced
1/4 Cup Kalamata Olives, sliced
1 Tsp Vegetta Stock Powder (optional, but adds a flavour boost)
Carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, biscuits; to serve
LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
1. In a large bowl place the cream cheese and sour cream. Using a whisk mix until it slightly thickens.
2. Add the ham, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, cheese, spring onions, olives and stock powder. Using a spoon, mix until combined.
3. Cut the top off the cobb loaf. When cutting, position your knife down to the centre so that it comes off in a sort of cone like shape. Remove the bread from the inside to give you enough room for the dip. Reserve the lid and the bread for dipping.
4. Spoon the dip mixture into the cobb loaf. Place into a pre-heated 180 degree Celsius oven and allow to bake for 30 minutes. It is ready when the top is golden and the bread is crunchy. Remove from the oven and serve.
Be mindful that this dip is only left out to enjoy for a couple of hours as you are serving a cheese and ham based dip that has been heated and is then allowed to drop to room temperature.
Discard of any uneaten dip and cobb loaf.
This is a sponsored post for D’Orsogna. Find more recipes like this one visit the D’Orsogna Website , D’Orsogna Facebook Page and D’Orsogna Instagram Page.
No comments yet.