I love a good loaf recipe especially one that is a one bowl hand mix and I can use up fruit that needs to be eaten. I had some yoghurt and pears that had to be used up so I included them in this super easy Spiced Pear and Yoghurt Loaf. Seasoned with cinnamon and ginger these smells waft through the kitchen as it bakes. While I have used pears you could easily swap for apples.
3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
3/4 Cup Raw Sugar
200gm Natural Greek Yoghurt
2 Eggs, large
1 1/2 Cups Self Raising Flour
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
1/4 Tsp Bicarbonate Soda
2 Pears, diced
1 Pear, sliced to decorate
LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- In a large bowl add the oil, sugar and yoghurt and mix well with a whisk.
- Add the eggs and whisk further until combined.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, ginger and bicarbonate soda and mix until combined.
- Fold through the diced pear. Spoon into a lined 2ocm loaf tin.
- Place the sliced pear on top with a sprinkle of extra cinnamon and ginger and place into a preheated 170 degree Celsius oven to bake for 45 minutes or until it bounces back when touched.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
Makes 1 loaf
Freezer friendly: slice loaf into serving slices and wrap in cling wrap. Place into a zip lock bag or freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Yum!!! Made this today and it’s delicious! Took about an hour to cook in my FF oven at 170.
So glad to hear, each oven is so different.
Hi Amanda, Do you have to use Vegetable Oil? What can you use in its place?
Hi Lyndall, you can use any other light flavour oil.
Absolutely yummo!! Didn’t last long enough to freeze, took 1 hour in my ff oven as well.
Glad everyone enjoyed 🙂
This is such an easy cake to make and so delicious. I only had 2 pears so put one in the cake and sliced the other for ontop. Still vety flavoursome. Thank you.
So glad to hear Sarah 🙂
I just made this with Apple instead of pear. Delicious!!
So glad to hear, great idea swapping pear for apple too.