One bowl mixes are my all time favourite – less mess and minimal steps to make. This One Bowl Lemon Loaf is absolutely delicious. The hit of lemon flavour is intensified by using Doterra Lemon Oil or normal Lemon Essence found in the supermarket. The addition of the coconut oil makes the cake nice and moist and adds a slight hint of coconut flavour.
The lemon drizzle icing finishes the loaf of perfectly with an extra hit of lemon zing.
50gm Butter, softened and cubed
3/4 Cup Sugar (I use raw)
8 Drops Lemon Oil (I use Doterra, you can also use Lemon Essence 1 Tsp)
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1 1/2 Cups Self Raising Flour
1/2 Tsp Bicarbonate Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Cup Milk
1 Cup Icing Sugar
2 Tbs Milk
4 Drops Lemon Oil
LET’S PUT IT TOGETHER
- Using a food processor or thermostyle appliance, place the butter, eggs, sugar and lemon oil into the bowl. Process until combined.
- Add the coconut oil, lemon juice, flour, bicarbonate soda, salt and milk and process until smooth and combined. About 30 seconds.
- Pour into a lined 25cm x 10cm loaf tin. Place into a pre-heated 170 degree Celisus oven and bake for 40 minutes or until golden on top and it bounces back when touched.
- Once cooked allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely before icing.
- To make the icing – place all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix until smooth. Drizzle over the cake.
Makes 1 Loaf
Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Freeze slices in zip lock bags for up to 3 months.