These are in essence pastry free quiches. The flour added to the mix forms a crust when cooked.
Packed full of vegetables, dairy and the magic of forming their own crust as they cook you’ll be adding these your picnic rotator in no time. This is another great recipe that shows a block of cheese can go a long way. It can be used across a variety of meals and snacks over the week – making it great value for money.
1 Cup Ham, sliced into cube sized pieces
1/2 Cup Peas
1/2 Cup Corn
1 Small onion diced
1 Tomato, diced
1 Cup Grated Cheese
2 Tbls herbs – parsley, garlic chives
Salt & Pepper to taste
5 tbls Self Raising Flour
LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- In a bowl place the first eight ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add the flour and mix to coat the ingredients
- Add the eggs and mix well with a fork
- Pour into a greased muffin tray
- Cook in a 200 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until lightly brown and pulling away from the edge of the muffin case and it bounces back when touched.
** Try other vegetables – carrot grated, zucchini grated, capsicum etc.
**These can be wrapped individually in bags and frozen.
**I also chopped up the leftovers and add the cooked rice to make a quick and easy “fried rice”, added soy sauce when serving.