Cleaning doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. You don’t need to spend a fortune on the dishwasher cleaners that the big brands make you believe you need and if your not using then your dishwasher is NOT clean. By simply using bicarbonate soda (baking soda), vinegar and a little bit of elbow grease you can clean your dishwasher for under $1 and afford to maintain it each month.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Bicarbonate Soda (Baking Soda as it is called in the US)
Lemon or Eucalyptus Essence
Stainless Steel Microfiber cloth
WHAT TO DO
1. To clean the inside and the pipes of the dishwasher simply sprinkle the inside of your dishwasher bottom with bicarbonate soda.
2. Then pour over the base some white vinegar. There are no real measurements just give it a could splash.
3. Add a few drops of lemon or eucalyptus essence for a refreshing smell if you like and set to wash on the fastest cycle.
4. While it is washing clean the outside of your dishwasher. If stainless steel I find a stainless steel microfiber cloth dampened a little does the trick. Otherwise for a normal white dishwasher give it a spray with multipurpose cleaner and wipe clean.
5. Once the cycle has finished, open up the dishwasher and remove the little filter that catches all the small pieces of rubbish. Give that a clean with detergent and water using a brush to get into the mesh area. Replace.
6. Wipe the inside seals and sides over with the multipurpose cleaner and your done.
This method is cheap and easy enough to do once a month.