I was some after some dinner inspiration and asked the Facebook page for some ideas for baked potatoes.
Hawaiian Stuffed Potatoes
Published on May 21, 2013 | in Dinner Recipes, Great for Leftovers, Winter Warmers By Amanda |4 Comments
There were many variations using: mushroom, bacon, fried onions,chives, sour cream, cheese, garlic, butter, coleslaw and the list went on. This made me put my thinking cap on.
“Have I told you how much I love the Cooking For Busy Mums community, everyone is always so willing to help out with ideas and suggestions.”
I delved into my fridge and pantry and found the right ingredient combo for what I like to call Hawaiian Stuffed Potatoes, and yes you will feel stuffed too after eating them.
6 Potatoes, rinsed
150gm Ham, cubed
1 Cup Cheese, grated
3/4 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Pineapple, cubed
2 Tablespoons Parsley
1 Tablespoon minced Garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
LET’S PUT IT ALTOGETHER
1. In a 200 degree celcius oven, placed the potatoes which you will need to wrap in aluminium foil splashed with a little olive oil. No need to wrap separately I wrap the 6 altogether and placed on a tray.
2. While the potatoes are baking prepare the filling ingredients and place into a large bowl.
3. The potatoes will take approx 1 to 1.5 hours to bake.
4. Once the potatoes are soft, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
5. With a sharp knife cut the top off and spoon out the potato leaving a small edge to form a case to hold the filling. Repeat for remaining potatoes.
6. Roughly mash the potato you removed with a fork and add to the bowl of filling ingredients.
7. Mix gently to combine and then spoon into the potato cases.
8. Place on a tray and top each filled potato with grated cheese.
9. Place under a grill until lightly browned.
Enjoy on their own or enjoy one with a lean cut of meat and some vegetable greens.
What are your favourite baked potato fillings?
(Visited 2,484 times, 1 visits today)
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.