I was some after some dinner inspiration and asked the Facebook page for some ideas for baked potatoes.
Hawaiian Stuffed Potatoes
Published on May 21, 2013 | in Dinner Recipes, Great for Leftovers, Winter Warmers By Amanda |4 Comments
There were many variations using: mushroom, bacon, fried onions,chives, sour cream, cheese, garlic, butter, coleslaw and the list went on. This made me put my thinking cap on.
“Have I told you how much I love the Cooking For Busy Mums community, everyone is always so willing to help out with ideas and suggestions.”
I delved into my fridge and pantry and found the right ingredient combo for what I like to call Hawaiian Stuffed Potatoes, and yes you will feel stuffed too after eating them.
6 Potatoes, rinsed
150gm Ham, cubed
1 Cup Cheese, grated
3/4 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Pineapple, cubed
2 Tablespoons Parsley
1 Tablespoon minced Garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
LET’S PUT IT ALTOGETHER
1. In a 200 degree celcius oven, placed the potatoes which you will need to wrap in aluminium foil splashed with a little olive oil. No need to wrap separately I wrap the 6 altogether and placed on a tray.
2. While the potatoes are baking prepare the filling ingredients and place into a large bowl.
3. The potatoes will take approx 1 to 1.5 hours to bake.
4. Once the potatoes are soft, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
5. With a sharp knife cut the top off and spoon out the potato leaving a small edge to form a case to hold the filling. Repeat for remaining potatoes.
6. Roughly mash the potato you removed with a fork and add to the bowl of filling ingredients.
7. Mix gently to combine and then spoon into the potato cases.
8. Place on a tray and top each filled potato with grated cheese.
9. Place under a grill until lightly browned.
Enjoy on their own or enjoy one with a lean cut of meat and some vegetable greens.
What are your favourite baked potato fillings?
(Visited 2,931 times, 25 visits today)
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.