It’s school holidays for us and I’m home with the boys for the week which is great as we don’t have to rush to be anywhere and we can be a little bit more relaxed with dinner and bed times (the pressure is off).
During the holidays they get to have a treat breakfast which is their favourite cereal that we wouldn’t normally have on a school day. It is also my eldest son’s birthday and my birthday this week which means birthday cake (woohoo).
We also do some fun baking and these freckle biscuits are super easy an fun to make. When we made them not all the cookie dough made it into the oven, some may of been gobbled up by two little monsters hahaha. Basic ingredients and a packet of chocolate freckles and buttons and your set.
100gm Butter, softened
3/4 Cup White Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1 1/2 Cup Plain Flour
24 Chocolate Freckles
LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
1. In a medium bowl place the softened butter, sugar and vanilla essence. Using electric beaters or a stand mixer cream together.
2. Add the egg and continue to beat until well combined.
3. Add the flour and mix until a dough forms.
4. Take tablespoon size amounts, roll into a ball, and then flatten with two fingers. Repeat until all the dough is used.
5. Bake in a 180 degree Celsius oven for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
6. Remove from the oven and then gently press a freckle into each biscuit. Allow to cool before removing from the tray.
The chocolate freckles will soften as they melt a little to stick to the biscuit. Don’t worry as they will harden again. Don’t transfer to a cookie jar until the chocolate freckle hardens.
Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
You can easily double the ingredients to make a larger batch.
These are so easy & taste fantastic! Thanks for sharing your recipe? I’ll definitely make them again.
So glad to hear.
Could I use almond meal instead of flour to make this gluten free? Thanks
Hi Kylie, I haven’t tried this replacement.
Hi can I use choc chip instead of the freckles? Thank you