With this recipe you will be able to make the most amazing homemade cafe quality muffins.
Cafe Quality Muffins at Home
The trick to getting the cafe quality consistency is moisture. The secret is the addition of an extra egg so three instead of the standard two most muffin recipes require along with yoghurt instead of milk and almond meal for that great texture. The use also of a mixer to make the mix which is often against the belief that muffins should be mixed by hand gives these muffins there lovely spring in each bite.
The creaming of the butter/margarine/olive oil spread and the gentle beating in the final steps of the recipe gives you perfect cafe quality muffins at home.
125gm of softened butter or margarine or light olive oil spread (which is what I used)
1/2 Cup Raw Sugar (vary if you want it less sweet)
1/3 Cup Almond Meal (you can omit this to make lunchbox friendly and replace with flour)
60 gm Vanilla or Natural Yoghurt
1 Tsp Vanilla essence
1 1/2 Cups Self Raising Flour
1/2 Cup of filling – I have used fresh blueberries. If using frozen place into the mix frozen to avoid discolouring the mix.
LET’S PUT IT ALTOGETHER
1. Using a stand mixer (or hand) place the softened butter(or the other preference), sugar and vanilla essence in the bowl. Beat until light and creamy.
2. Add one egg at a time beating well after each addition. The mixture may look split,this is ok.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and mix through on the low slow spead until just combined.
4. Add choice of flavours eg. Blueberries, raspberries, Choc chips etc and mix through on low speed the spread evenly through the mix.
5. Spoon into a 12 hole muffin pan that is lined with muffin trays.
6. Bake in a 180 degree Celcius oven for 12-20 minutes or until lightly golden and they bounce back when touched.
7. Allow to cool and enjoy.
Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to seven days. Microwave for 15 seconds when taking from the fridge to refresh them.
Freezer Friendly: Store in individual bags in the fridge for up to three months.
Makes 12 muffins
For this recipe I have used Kambrook’s new PowerMix Planetary Bench Mixer, for more details click here. I also have one to giveaway next week so keep a look out on Facebook for the details and another great recipe.
(Visited 1,228 times, 19 visits today)
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.