My banana bread baking has been a little obsessive of late. I may of baked a couple of loaves every weekend for the pass month (oops), but everyone loves it and there are so many variations that you can make.
This weekend I made White Chocolate Banana Bread with Chia Seeds and Almonds. I did leave the almonds off the loaf that I made for the boys to take to school. The white chocolate added a lovely caramalised flavour and the chia seeds gave the loaf extra volume while the crunchy almonds on top finished it off just perfectly.
This is one you definitely need to add to your baking list.
2 Overripe Bananas, mashed
2 Large Eggs
3/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Rice Bran Oil
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
2 Cups Self Raising Flour
1/2 Tsp Bicarbonate Soda
2 Tbs Chia Seeds
1 Cup White Chocolate Melts
1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds, for the top
Icing Sugar, for dusting
LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- In a large bowl place the bananas, eggs and sugar and mix well.
- Add the oil and vanilla essence and continue to mix through.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the almonds) reserving a few white chocolate melts for the top. Mix through until everything is combined,
- Pour into a lined loaf tin and place into a pre-heated 180 degree Celsius oven to bake for 45 minutes or until it is golden on top and bounces back when touched.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.
Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Freezer Friendly:wrap individual slices in cling wrap and store in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.