1 Sweet Potato, sliced
1 Apple, core removed and sliced
1 Onion, sliced finely
2 Cloves Garlic, sliced finely
8 Button mushrooms, sliced finely
3 Strips of Lemon Zest
The juice of 1 lemon
2 tbs brown sugar
750gm pork – you can use pork chops, pork loin fillet, pork roast – cut into cube pieces. If using chops, leave as is.
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Mustard Powder
1 Cup Chicken Stock
1/2 Cup frozen Peas
1/2 Cup frozen Corn
1 Cup Risoni Pasta
Pepper to taste
LETS PUT IT ALTOGETHER
- In a casserole pot or similar that can go on the stove and oven – add olive oil and heat on the stove.
- Add the onion and garlic and stir until the onion starts to soften.
- Gradually add the pork and cook until the pieces start to brown.
- While the pork is cooking, juice 1 lemon and add the brown sugar to the lemon, stir to combine.
- Add the lemon and sugar mix to the pork and continue to cook for 1 minute stirring continually.
- Add the spices and pepper (Cumin, mustard powder and cinnamon – if you don’t have these then they can be left out) cook for a further minute.
- Remove the cooked pork from the dish and set a side. Turn the stove off.
- Place the sweet potato, apple, mushrooms and lemon zest into the same pot.
- Then add the pork and all the liquid back to the vegetables.
- Finish off by adding the chicken stock.
- Cook in a 150 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the peas, corn and Risoni pasta and cook for a further 30 minutes.
(Visited 695 times, 6 visits today)
Now, I have something for dinner. This is the favorite of my husband but never had try to make this on my own. Thanks for the recipe. So excited, he’ll be surprise 🙂
So glad to hear 🙂
Hello! Do you think this could be done in a slow cooker? If yes what time / temperature would you recommend? Thank you, love your page!
Hi Shez yes you can cook it in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours