6 Medium Onions, peeled and sliced finely
2 Apples, seeded and sliced finely
1 Tbs Thyme (fresh or dried)
3 Tbs Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Vinegar – any vinegar will work – apple cider vinegar would be ideal
1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
Salt & Pepper
LETS PUT IT ALTOGETHER
- In a medium saucepan, heat a little olive oil. Add the onions and salt (a few pinches) stir frequently until the onions become soft and translucent.
- Add the apple and stir until they soften
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Reduce to a low heat and allow to cook uncovered for 45 mins – 1 hour – until the onion and apple a very soft and well broken down.
- Add straight away to a sterilised glass jar, put the lid on immediately and allow to cool on the bench slightly before refrigerating.
This should last in the fridge for up to a month.
Enjoy with meats especially pork.
Can be used on sandwiches as a spread.
(Visited 537 times, 1 visits today)
No comments yet.