I have two little boys one turning 1 on Saturday and the other 2.5yrs old. With such a small age gap Mr 2.5yr is still wanting to “do/have” everything that his brother is.
That being said dinner time is crazy:
“I want to sit in the highchair” Mr 2.5 will yell
“No, your brother has to sit in the highchair you sit in the big boy chair (normal table seat” I say.
Within seconds of placing him on the normal dining seat he gets down and is off – and can’t get back up by himself.
I needed a solution and then in my newsfeed one morning I saw a photo from Lime Tree Kids and I was in LOVE!!!
Here is the link to the product details on Lime Tree Kids website: SOHO WOODEN HIGHCHAIR
|Stock Photo from www.limetreekids.com.au|
What I LOVE about this highchair:
- The height of the seat can be adjusted as your child grows
- The step at the bottom can also be adjusted
- The strap around the child’s mid-section can be removed completely for older children – this will easily suit my children until 5/6 yrs of age.
- It is a solid timber construction with an easily wipeable surface
- Padded seat and back rest are provided that can be simply removed (velcro) and washed as needed.
- It comes in 3 modern colours to complement your current dining table
- I takes up less room than a standard highchair as it becomes part of your dining setting
- It allows your child to be involved in normal mealtimes as they can eat straight from the table like mum and dad
- It is great to use for craft time at the table as well as cooking at the bench with older children
- It has non-marking feet that move easily over tiles
Here is Mr 2.5 sitting in the chair without the front bar.