Frozen Raspberries were on special this week for 1/2 price so about $2.80 which is such great value. I can never afford to buy fresh raspberries as they are normally close $8.00 for 250grams and I can never justify that when I could use that $8.00 to buy a kilo of meat.
Raspberry & Pear Loaf
Published on May 28, 2013 | in Dairy Free, Freezer Friendly, Lunchbox Friendly, Sweet Recipes By Amanda |8 Comments
There is nothing wrong with frozen raspberries or fruits in fact they are perfect for baking, eating as a guilt free treat and adding to breakfast cereals etc.
McDonald’s had been advertising a Raspberry and Pear loaf in their McCafe menu for the last couple of weeks (I can’t remember the last time I was able to sit in a McCafe and enjoy a coffee and cake) so I decided to whip up my own and enjoy it at home with a coffee from my Aldi Expressi Coffee Machine.
2 1/2 Cups Self Raising Flour
1 Tsp Bicarbonate Soda
1/2 Cup Caster Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1/2 Cup Light Olive Oil
2 Pears, peeled and seeded
1 Cup Frozen Raspberries
1/2 Cup Pineapple Chunks and juice (I had this left in the fridge)
Alternatively use canned pears and 1/2 the cup of juice to replace the pineapple.
LET’S PUT IT ALTOGETHER
1. In a food processor place the pears and pineapple (if using) and process until a purée forms.
2. In a large bowl place the flour, bicarbonate soda and caster sugar mix well.
3. Form a well in the dry ingredients and add the oil, eggs and vanilla essence.
4. Add the pear purée and mix all ingredients with a wooden spoon until just combined.
5. Fold through the raspberries.
6. Place in a greased and lined loaf tin and bake in a 180 degree Celcius oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown and bounces back when touched.
Serve with a dusting of icing sugar.
Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze
Freezer friendly: cut into individual pieces and freeze separately in zip local bags.
Perfect for lunchboxes
(Visited 6,284 times, 35 visits today)
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.