There is a new “dog” in town!! D’Orsogna have just released a new range of gourmet hotdogs exclusive to Woolworths. They come in two varieties – Cheddar and Chipotle and Traditional. Once you try one of these hot dogs you will never return to the basic “red” hot dog again. They are o full of flavour and are juicy when you bite in. You will find them at the deli counter for $1.20 each and they are a nice big serve.
Enjoy them in a brioche bun or wrap them in puff pastry as I have done.
6 D’Orsogna Gourmet Hot Dogs (Traditional or Cheddar and Chipotle)
1 Sheet of puff pastry
LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- Defrost one sheet of frozen puff pastry. Cut into 6 strips.
- Take one hot dog and wrap the strip of puff pastry around it. Place onto a lined baking tray and repeat until all hot dogs are wrapped.
- Brush with the whisked egg and then sprinkle on the sesame seeds. You can also use cooking oil spray instead of the egg.
- Place into a pre-heated 200 degree Celsius oven and cook for 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden and puffed up.
- Serve with classic sauces – tomato, bbq and mustard.
To serve for a party –
Cut into quarters on an angle, add a toothpick and serve on a platter with the sauces in little dipping bowls.
Best enjoyed straight from the oven.
This is a sponsored post for D’Orsogna. Find more recipes like this one visit the D’Orsogna Website and D’Orsogna Facebook Page.
No comments yet.