The are so many difference ways you can cook fish. You can pan fry it, grill on the BBQ, poach in a fish stock and even steam. I love baking the fish in a little parcel as it absorbs the flavours you add inside.
This simple but flavoursome and impressive fish dish will make you want to have fish on the menu every week.
The parcels can be made in the morning ready to place in the oven at dinner time.
One generous size of fresh fish. Any fish you can get your hands on will work perfectly you will just adjust the cooking to time to suit the thickness of your fillet.
1 Tbs Gourmet Garden minced garlic
1 Tbs Gourmet Garden Coriander
1/2 Tbs Gourmet Garden Hot Chilli
1 Tbs Gourmet Garden Ginger
Alternatively the Gourmet Garden Thai Seasoning is perfect for this dish as it combines these flavours in one tube.
1/4 Cup Sweet Soy
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
LET’S PUT I ALTOGETHER
1. Combine the Gourmet Garden herbs and spices with the sweet soy and olive oil in a small bowl.
2. Layout a sheet of aluminium foil and top with a layer of baking paper. The size you will need will be appox 30cm cut off the roll for the foil and slightly smaller for the baking paper.
3. Lay the fish fillet on top of the baking paper and top with a spoonful of the mix you prepared in step 1. Coat the fish by turning over and tip with a slice of lemon.
4. Repeat for remaining portions of fish. This mix serves 4.
5. Fold the foil up around the fish to make a sealed parcel. This will allow the fish to absorb the flavours when baked.
6. Place in a 180 degree celcius oven for 10 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and allow the fish to stand for 5 minutes.
8. Open up the parcels and enjoy with a salad and homemade wedges.
No comments yet.