No bake slices get a big tick from me, especially when you don’t feel like heating the kitchen up or are short on time. This no bake apricot slice with added choc chips is such an easy lunchbox friendly filler to make on a Sunday and send through the week.
Find more great lunchbox recipes in my new magazine School Lunchbox Sunday
1 Cup Dried Apricots
1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
2 Tbs Peanut Butter (swap with Tahini if nuts are a problem)
2 Tbs Honey
2 Tbs Water
1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- Place the apricots into the bowl of a food processor or thermo style appliance and process until broken down.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips and process until broken down and it all starts to come together.
- Gently mix in the chocolate chips (these are optional and can be left out).
- Line a 20cm x 20cm baking dish with baking paper. Pour in the apricot mix and flatten out evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Place in the fridge to set for 1 hour. Cut into 16 squares (or smaller if you like).
Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up a week.
Freezer friendly: place into a zip lock bag or freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Makes 16+ squares
All your recipes sound easy to make and I am trying them out. I also have bought your book for my daughter who has just had a baby. My other grandson is 14 and doing cooking that school and we have started to use your book at home with him. Thankyou
Thank you Edwina. So glad to hear it has been a help for your family.
Can nutella be swapped for the peanut butter??
Hi Michelle, yes it can be but it will change the colour of the slice.