500g beef mince
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 diced onion
1 grated zucchini
1 grated carrot
1 egg lightly beaten
2 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tbsp mixed dry herbs
2 tbsp fresh parsley(optional but gives it a really fresh smell and taste)
1 teasp minced/fresh garlic
GLAZE – 1/4 cup each of BBQ sauce and Worcestershire sauce mixed together
LETS MIX IT UP!
1. 1. Pre-heat oven to 180degrees Celsius.Line a loaf tin with baking paper
2. Combine all ingredients until mixed well (get in there with your hands and have a lot of fun – even get the kids involved!)
3. Tip mixture into lined loaf tin and press so it is firm in the tin.
4. Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour before cooking as this helps the mixture bind together.
5. Bake in a 180 degree Celsius oven for 35minutes until firm to touch.
6. Turn out onto a baking paper lined oven tray and glaze with SAUCY GLAZE mix, return to oven for another 10minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes before slicing (it may crumble when slicing, so I try to cut thicker slices, but even if it does crumble, it still tastes yummy!
I usually serve mine with some mash and vegies but you could serve it with anything really – and the leftovers make great sandwiches the next day! (Kendall)