My two boys absolutely love ham, but there are only so many ham sandwiches you can make before they need some variety. These Leg Ham, Cheese and Corn Muffins are perfect little savoury bites that are perfect to pack in the lunchbox. They are filled with flavour, freezer friendly and best of all easy to make. The children can even get in the kitchen and help you mix these ones up.
These would even be ideal little breakfast bites, make them the night before when you know you need to be out the door quick the next morning.
100gm D’Orsogna Value Pack Leg Ham (sold in 400gm packet), diced
1 1/4 Cups Plain Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
3/4 Cup Cornmeal (most commonly packaged as Polenta in Australia)
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Sugar
1/2 Cup Tasty Cheese, grated
1 Cup Milk
100gm Butter, melted
LETS PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
1. Place the flour, cornmeal (polenta), baking powder, salt and sugar into a large mixing bowl and mix to combine.
2. In a jug whisk together the melted butter, milk and eggs. Pour into the dry and ingredients and mix well.
3. Fold through the diced ham and grated cheese.
4. Pour into a greased 12 hole muffin tray. You can use patty pans to make it easier. If you do use you need to go around the edge of each cooked muffin with a knife to loosen.
5. Bake for 15 Minutes in a 180 degree celcius oven or until the bounce back when touched.
Freezer friendly. Store in ziplock bags for up to 3 months.
Looking for more recipes for that ham lover in your house? Find more on the D’Orsogna Website and D’Orsogna Facebook Page.
Hi Amanda, can I make this in the cake pop maker???
Hi Victoria, that’s a great idea – this mix should go well in the cake pop maker.
Do these need to be refrigerated? How long will they keep?
Yes they do and they will last for up to 5 days.
Hi. Can I replace the flour with almond meal or buckwheat? My daughter cannot have gluten? Tganks!
Buckwheat or gluten free flour should be ok.
Tasty & easy, but next time I’d use more ham!
Thankyou so much for the comment about polenta being cornmeal!!!! I disregard so many recipes causer I can never find cornmeal.
So glad I could be of help.
Made these today for the lunch boxes… Had to hide them in the back of the fridge so they would actually Last til tomorrow. Huge success
Hahaha, so glad to hear 🙂