This is a really easy melt and mix biscuit recipe that is packed full of granola and sweetened with honey. I chose to use a nutty variety of granola with no dried fruit as the kiddos aren’t big fans of it but you can use any variety of granola that your family loves.
The kids loved helping to mix this recipe and then roll the dough into balls. The drizzle on top was purely to make them more “fun” and can be kept off if you are after a healthier version.
You can swap the honey for maple syrup and the flour for gluten free flour if you have a gluten free granola. The coconut oil can also be swapped for butter.
1/2 Cup Honey
100gm Coconut Oil
3 Cups Granola (I used a nutty variety)
1 Cup Plain Flour
1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1 Tsp Coconut Oil
LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- Using a large microwave safe bowl, add tGranola Choc Drizzle Biscuitshe hone and coconut oil. Place into the microwave for 1 minute or until it froths up a little. Remove from the microwave and quickly whisk in the egg.
- Add the granola and plain flour and mix until well combined.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. Wet you hands with a little water (this will help to stop the biscuit mix from sticking to your hands). Take tablespoon amounts and roll into a ball and then place on the baking tray. Repeat until all the mix is done. Flatten with the back of a spoon. Place into a preheated 180 degree Celsius oven and cook for 15 minutes or until they are lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil into a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds intervals stirring after each until melted. Spoon the chocolate into a small zip lock bag. Cut a tiny slit in the corner and then squeeze the chocolate over the cooled biscuits. Allow to set before storing.
Makes about 20
Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 7 days. In warmer weather store in the fridge.