Welcome to the first week of recipes using Flat Bread from Original Flat Bread Company. If you’re not familiar with this product here’s a quick run down.
It is the bread for all occasions. You can:
Or simply eat fresh
Serve them up for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Entertaining or for a Snack. If your bored with your standard bread choices then you should give this flat bread a go. It’s versatile, preservative free and 97% fat free.
You can only find it at your local Woolworths in the fresh bread isle. Apologies to those located in WA, this product is not sold in your state unfortunately. To this end- we will need to advise that the competition isn’t available in WA.
For more info click here.
This week I enjoyed the wholemeal flat bread as a lovely Breakfast for Mothers Day – Toad in a Hole. An old favourite, the flat bread stepped this dish up to the next level and made it even easier to make. No need to toast the flat bread before (like you would do with normal bread), a cooked breakfast was ready in well under 10 minutes.
I used the wholemeal Flat Bread and FRIED IT for Breakfast
1 Original Flat Bread Company Wholemeal Flat Bread
1 Egg (700gram works best)
Fresh or dry herbs
LET’S PUT IT ALTOGETHER
1. Take 1 flat bread and cut out a hole in your desired shape (we did a heart). Place the cut flat bread onto a hot fry pan. If the frypan isn’t non-stick spay with a little cooking oil first.
2. After about 30 seconds of the flat bread being in the frypan, crack the egg gently straight into the hole of the flat bread. If it starts to run out simply press the sides of the flat bread down until it stops.
3. Place the cut out piece of flat bread and a couple of ham slices into the fry pan as well. Turning after a minute or so.
4. To cook the top of the egg, place the lid on the frypan or if you don’t have a lid a large enough plate for about 30 seconds.
5. Remove from frypan and serve with a sprinkle of fresh or dry herbs.
And there you have it, a simple breakfast that looks pretty special. Try all different shapes to encourage the littlies to enjoy.
Note: the Flat Bread’s are preservative free, this means they need to be refrigerated after the packet is opened and ideally used within 3 days. You can freeze the Flat Breads in a sealed bag to use later as well.
I have a $50 Woolworths gift card to giveaway to one lucky ready. To enter simply use the Rafflecopter widget below and complete all entry options for your chance to win.
OPEN TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS ONLY. Apologies to those located in WA, this product is not sold in your state unfortunately. To this end- we will need to advise that the competition isn’t available in WA.
This is a Sponsored Post. All photos and opinions expressed are my own. Prizes are sent directly from Original Flat Bread Company.