We are finishing off our 10 week series of videos with these super tasty D’Orsogna Deli Fresh Double Smoked Ham, Potato and Green Pea Pasties or as Matt and I nicknamed them while we were making them – Stegosaurus Pasties as they look kinda like the spiky backed dinosaur. My boys both love dinosaurs so these are right up there as being favourites.
While not only looking great these little pasties pack in the vegies as well as the lovely smoky flavour from the ham. These are ideal for parties, school lunchboxes or an easy Friday night dinner. They are perfect for the freezer, so you can have a quick meal ready to go when you need them, just reheat.
Watch Matt Golinski and I cook them here for you:
1 Pkt D’Orsogna Deli Fresh Double Smoked Ham, diced
300gm Potatoes, washed, peeled and diced
1 Onion, finely diced
1 Carrot, peeled and grated
½ Cup Green Peas
1 tbs Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
3 Sheets Puff Pastry
LETS PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
1. Saute the onion in butter and olive oil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Add the diced potatoes and cook over a low heat until soft.
3. Add the ham, carrots and peas and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper and cool.
5. Cut 4 circles from each sheet of pastry and place a spoonful of pasty mix in the middle of each.
6. Whisk together the egg and milk and brush the edges of the pastry circles.
7. Pull the edges together and crimp with your fingers.
8. Brush with egg mixture and bake on a tray lined with baking paper at 190 degrees C for 20 -30 minutes.
Makes 12 Pasties
D’Orsogna have provided me with a $50 Woolworths Gift Card to giveaway to one lucky reader. I know how much this will help with the weekly shop and you might be able to also pick up all the ingredients to make this delicious recipe.
Entry is simple Like D’Orsogna and Cooking For Busy Mums on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing lists in the Rafflecopter widget below. Open to Australian Residents only. Full Terms and Conditions are in the Rafflecopter widget. Goodluck!
WINNER: SHARI K
This is a sponsored post, all opinions expressed are my own.