This pas Sunday’s School Lunchbox Sunday baking led me to making this Chocolate, Banana and Zucchini loaf. I had half a zucchini that needed to be used up so I thought why not grate it up and add it in. The zucchini is untraceable in the loaf and adds to the moisture of the cake making it a delight to eat.
This is a one bowl hand mix, my favourite kind of recipes.
2 Overripe Bananas, mashed
3 Eggs, whisked
3/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1 Small Zucchini, grated
1/4 Cup Milk of choice
1/4 Cup Light Olive Oil (or Rice Bran Oil)
1/2 Cup Cocoa
2 Cups Self Raising Flour
1/2 Tsp Salt
LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, add the bananas, eggs, sugar and vanilla essence. Mix well to combine.
- Add the zucchini, milk, oil and cocoa and mix until the cocoa has mixed into the batter and there is no dry cocoa.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until the mixture is combine and smooth (except for the chunks of the banana and zucchini). Don’t over mix.
- Pour into the lined loaf tin and place into the over for 45 minutes or until it bounces back when touched.
Depending on the size of your loaf tin you may have extra batter. This can be used to make muffins.
Makes 1 loaf (plus a little extra)
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Slice and freeze individual pieces. These can be added to the lunchbox and will defrost by morning tea.
No comments yet.