My eldest son is now 9!!! I started this website when he was only a few months old and now he is 9!!! How have the years passed so quickly. Each year I document the cakes I make for the boys so I can look back on them and so you can re-create them as well.
This year he requested an ice cream cake, which made me super happy as this would have to be the easiest cake I have been for my children in the past nine years. He asked for choc mint and Oreo as the flavours which made it super easy to come up with this creation.
This ice cream cake is more about buying the ingredients and then assembling them in your choice of container or cake pan and freezing, to easy. This is what I used.
2kg Choc Mint Ice Cream, slightly defrosted
1kg Cookies and Cream Ice Cream, slightly defrosted
2 Packets of Oreo’s
12 Chocolate Ripple Biscuits
To decorate: spearmint leaves, ice cream lollies (from Kmart)
LET’S PUT IT TOGETHER:
1. Choose your container or cake pan. I used a glass 3litre container with a lid which made it easy for storage in the freezer.
2. Line the container with cling wrap making sure to overlap each side.
3. Place Oreo biscuits all around the outer edge of the container.
4. Spoon in the choc mint ice cream and flatten out.
5. Spoon in the cookies and cream ice cream and flatten out.
6. Place the 12 chocolate ripple biscuits on top of the cookies and cream ice cream and push in just a little. Fold over the cling wrap and press down. Place the lid on the container and place into the freezer. I left it overnight.
7. When ready to serve, remove from the freezer about 10 minutes before you are ready. Unfold the cling wrap. You can use it to help pull the cake out and onto a large serving plate.
8. Decorate the top with halved Oreo’s, spearmint lollies and ice cream lollies. I used a Happy Birthday cake topper from Kmart.
No comments yet.