If you are looking for a meat free, protein and fibre packed patty then you have found the right recipe. These chickpea and quinoa patties are super easy to make and are the perfect meat free alternative patty. A few basic ingredients combined together will give you are great vegetarian burger or the perfect main meal when accompanied with a salad.
They are perfect the next day enjoyed cold or reheated and make and ideal work lunch for us Mum’s (and Dad’s) or anyone really.
These are also gluten free when made with gluten free plain flour.
1 400gm can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 cup cooked Quinoa
1 tsp Minced Garlic
1/2 Red Capsicum, diced
Salt and pepper
3 Tbs Chopped Parsley
2 Tbs Plain Flour or gluten free plain flour
LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
1. Cook the onion and garlic in a little olive oil until soft.
2. Process the chickpeas until it forms a putty like consistency
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the processed chickpeas and mix all the ingredients together with a spoon.
4. Roll into patties and dust in a little extra flour.
5. Cook in a little olive oil until golden on both sides. Remember the ingredients are already cooked so you are really just wanting to add some colour and heat through.