This dish is a real winner, they are perfect as well for dinner, served with a cold salad and by making a larger batch you can also enjoy them for lunch the next day. Whether they are served hot or cold these little gems have the perfect balance of flavour. The D’Orsogna Spicy Chorizo Salami gives them a bit of a kick, but you could easily swap this for the D’Orsogna Mild Salami for younger children even though my two didn’t seem to mind the flavour at all. They were more worried about the ‘green stuff’ parsley that they could see. Next time my parsley chopping skills will be improved to make the pieces smaller so the kids don’t see them.
|This recipe made a good serving of about 24 Croquettes|
These could easily be sent to school with a sweet dipping sauce. I dare say you won’t see these coming back home in the lunchbox.
- 100g D’Orsogna Deli Fresh Spicy Chorizo Salami, diced
- 2 cups Mashed Potato, cold
- 1 tsp sweet Paprika
- ½ cup Grated Cheddar
- 2 Eggs + 2 Eggs yolks
- 2 tbs chopped Parsley
- 1 cup plain Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 200g of Breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix together the chorizo, potato, paprika, cheese, yolks, and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape into little tablespoon sized cylinders and put in the refrigerator to cool.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Roll the croquettes in flour, dip in the egg wash and then roll again in breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry the croquettes until golden and crispy.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately with a little green salad.
Take a look at the video showing you exactly what to do.
|Step by Step
The Deli Fresh packets are perfect for saving space in the fridge as well, you simply unwrap, peel, remove the contents you need, wrap back up and seal – ready for next time.
|Click here for more details|
Freezer Friendly: Place individual servings (4 Croquettes) of cooked croquettes into a zip lock bag and freezer for up to 3 months. Remove from the freezer the night before to defrost or place straight in the lunchbox frozen and they will be defrosted by lunchtime. Make sure to send with a freezer pack or if sending warm place in the above mentioned thermo containers.