When I cook a roast I usually buy one that is larger then my families needs for one meal. For us a family of four ( 2 adults and 2 children under 4) a 3kg Roast Pork will easily stretch to make three meals. The roast I bought cost $4.99 kg so it was just over $15 for the whole roast. We were able to get 3 meals from it which brings the meat cost of those meals to $5.
Meal Ideas For Leftover Roast Meats
If you tend to not have any leftover roast meat then consider buying a larger piece of meat to roast? The little longer cooking time will pay off when you can several meals from it for the week and cut down on meal time cooking and prep.
Here is a list of ideas to turn your leftover roast meats into more meals. These could work for pork, beef, lamb or chicken
First night – Roast Meal with the works
Suggested meals for the followings dinners and lunches
– Lunch the next day as a roast meat and gravy Sandwhich.
– Pork Fried Rice simply add chopped up roast pork to your normal fried rice.
– Stir Fry instead of doing the cooking the meat step when making stir fry add the meat at the end to heat up and soak up the sauce.
– Pizza use the cooked meat in your pizza toppings
– Curry, again skip the meat cooking step and add the cooked meat in at the end to heat through and soak up the sauce.
– Soup use the meat in an Asian inspired clear broth soup with vegetables and noodles
– Wraps/Kebabs – pull the meat apart and use with your favourite fillings
– Pie with vegetables – as per miss the cooking part of the meat in your favourite pie filling.
These are just a few ideas that from what I have done with leftover roast meats, I would love hear what yours are?
(Visited 554 times, 6 visits today)
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.