200g plain biscuits-crushed in food processor (or smashed with a rolling pin) I use Butternut cookies
110g unsalted butter – melted
1 can sweetened condensed milk
400g cream cheese
1/3 cup lime juice (you can use lemon instead if you like)
2 teaspoons vanilla essence/extract
LETS PUT IT ALTOGETHER
1. Crush biscuits to a fine crumb and mix with melted butter.
2. Line a springform tin with baking paper and firmly press biscuit mixture over to form a base, refrigerate while preparing other ingredients.
3. In an electric mixer, combine condensed milk, cream cheese, vanilla in bowl and mix on medium-high until smooth.
4. Add lime juice and mix on high until thick and smooth.
5. Pour cheesecake mix over base and chill in the fridge until set (at LEAST 6 hours but preferably overnight)
I love this recipe because there isnt too much clean up, there’s no geletin to work with and it is a no bake! You can omit the lime juice and change it up a little… get creative! Some ideas:
* Add some caramel to the mix
* Use chocolate ripple biscuits for the base
* Add cocoa to the mix
* Passionfruit pulp and mango slices…..
… The possibilities are endless!