While I was on Instagram I saw this delicious looking Chocolate Fridge Pie made by Hello Great Health and I knew I had to get my hands on the recipe. Luckily Jenny has allowed me to release the recipe here first, so you can try it yourself. This would make a lovely Summer dessert – it is a little bit naughty while being mostly not too bad for you.
Based on a yoghurt peanut butter filling your taste buds will be pretty happy you made this.
2 cups of rolled oats
¼ cup cacao powder (or cocoa)
2 tablespoons coconut oil (you can also use melted butter)
¼ cup rice malt syrup (could use maple syrup, honey or alternative sweetener)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
500g yoghurt (Your favourite natural yoghurt will work best)
1/3 cup peanut butter (try sugar-free organic if your watching your sugar intake)
LETS PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- Add oats to a food processor and blend until a flour.
- Add remaining base ingredients and blend well.
- Press mixture into the base of a round 20cm spring-form pan (I lined mine with parchment paper first). I covered the mixture with the parchment paper and pressed the mixture down firmly with a small rolling pin. Place in fridge whilst you make top layer.
- Blend yogurt and peanut butter until combined, pour onto base layer and refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle with some cacao nibs, choc chips, toasted shredded coconut, whatever you like – then cut and serve!
There you have it! It is such an easy recipe that you can vary a little to change the flavour. I added 2 Tablespoons of cocoa to the filling to make it more chocolatey (because you can’t have too much chocolate, right?)
Also, desiccated coconut added to the base is lovely as well.