This dish is a mid-week saviour. Speedy Saucy Asian Meatballs made using Perfectly Balanced Pork, Carrot and Brown Rice Meatballs is cooked and, on the table, in under 20 minutes making it a great cheat night dinner.
A cheat night dinner is one that requires minimal cooking, but the end result is still a well-balanced family meal. Perfectly Balanced meatballs are the perfect blend of meat and vegetables making them ideal for the little members. I have teamed the meatballs up with a super quick Asian style sauce. The sauce will double as a dressing for the steamed vegetables and the brown rice.
In true cheat night dinner style, I am using microwave brown rice and frozen vegetables that will be cooked while the meatballs bake in the oven. Everything will then come together nice and easy.
You will find the Perfectly Balanced range in the meat section of your local Woolworths.
1pk Perfectly Balanced Pork, Carrot & Brown Rice Meatballs (20 per packet)
1 Family size pouch of Microwave Brown Rice
500gm Frozen Stir Fry Frozen Vegetables
2/3 Cup Hoisin Sauce
¼ Cup Rice Vinegar
1 Tbs Minced garlic
1 Tsp Minced Ginger
2 Tbs Soy Sauce, light
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
1. Place the meatballs on a lined baking tray and place into a pre-heated 180 degree Celsius oven to bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and they bounce back when touched.
2. While the meatballs are cooking, prepare the Asian sauce. Simply place all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
3. Cook the vegetables by either steaming in the microwave or boiling on the stove until tender.
4. Heat the brown rice microwave pouch as per the instructions on the packet.
5. Once the meatballs are cooked, remove from the oven and place into the bowl of Asian sauce. Cover the meatballs in the sauce and allow to marinate in the sauce for 2 minutes.
6. Spoon the rice and vegetables onto a plate and then the meatballs along with extra sauce.
This is a sponsored post for Perfectly Balanced. Recipe and imagery have been created for me for you to try at home. Enjoy.
No comments yet.