During the holiday season a store bought roast chicken is my saviour. You can grab one on your way home from work or in the afternoon and then make a variety of easy dinners that will keep every one happy. Using the chicken meat to make these quesadillas is one of my favourite ways to utilise the roast chicken. Prep is minimal and you can alter the fillings to suit your families favourite combinations.
1 Store bought roast chicken
1 Packet Large Tortillas (normally 6 per packet)
2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese, grated
Salt and pepper
LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- You will need about 2 cups of diced chicken meat. Break the cooked meat of your roast chicken and dice. Place into a large bowl.
- Add a few tablespoons of wholegrain mustard and mayonnaise to the chicken meat. Adjust the amount of mustard and mayonnaise to suit your taste. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Place one tortilla on a cutting board and evenly spread over the chicken mix. Top with the avocado and tomato and a good sprinkling of cheese. Note: make sure you don’t overload the tortilla as it will make it hard to flip and eat.
- Place another tortilla on top and then carefully transfer to a large frypan that is over a medium heat. Cook on the first side until browned and then flip carefully to cook on the other side until browned. Total time is about 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the two sides are now joined.
- Place on the cutting board and cut into quarters.
Enjoy on their own or add a tossed salad.
These look so tasty!!!