Cooking For Busy Mums has teamed up with Colonial Farm for the coming three weeks to bring you new vegetarian recipes for your family and friends. All Colonial Farm products are 100% Australian Made and Owned, so I am putting an Aussie twist on their vegetarian range to serve them up for Australia Day.
The first product I have used are Mozzarella Bites – they are creamy mozzarella morsels coated in a crunchy crumb. I have used the Mozzarella Bites to give these easy Vegetable Pies extra flavour and crunch.
So if you struggling to find a quick, tasty and easy meal to serve up to your veggie loving friends and family this Australia Day, these recipes are for you.
You will find these Mozzarella Bites in the frozen section (with other vegetarian based frozen foods) of Coles only Nationally.
1 Packet Colonial Farm Mozzarella Bites
2 Cups Frozen Vegetables – I have used Pea, Corn & Capsicum Mix
250ml Vegetable Stock
2 Tbs Corn Flour
1 Sheet Puff Pastry, cut into quarters
LETS PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
1. Place the Mozzarella Bites on a lined baking tray and place into a preheated 200 degree celcius over for 10-12 minutes.
2. While they are cooking, in a small saucepan over a high heat place the frozen vegetables and vegetable stock. Bring the boil, then turn the heat down and remove from the heat.
3. In a small cup place the corn flour and add a few spoonfuls of the heated vegetable stock from the saucepan. Mix to form a paste and then stir the paste into the saucepan. Return the saucepan to the stove and continue stirring for 1 minute until the mix thickens. Remove from the heat and set a side to cool.
4. Using a muffin tray (I used the texas size muffin tray), spray lightly with cooking and then place the puff pastry into each hole. Prick the pastry with a fork.
5. Remove the Mozzarella Bites from the oven and place the muffin tray into the oven. Cook until the pastry just begins to puff and then remove.
6. Spoon the vegetable mix into the pastry shells and return to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes until the pastry is golden.
7. Place a Mozzarella Bite on top of each pie.
Best enjoyed the day of cooking.
Makes 4 pies. Serve the remaining Mozzarella Bites on the side with a tomato relish dipping sauce.
YOUR CHANCE TO WIN
Colonial Farm have a $2000 Shopping Voucher to giveaway. All you have to do is click the image below and answer the question – How you would serve Colonial Farm products on Australia Day?
This is a Sponsored Post for Colonial Farm. Recipe, Images and Opinions expressed are my own.