This week I have the perfect salad to take on a picnic or to a BBQ. This layered vermicelli noodle salad is made using Chang’s Vermicelli Rice Noodle and Oriental Fried Noodle Salad Dressing.
I have taken a bunch of fresh salad ingredients and layered them up with some quick to cook, Chang’s Rice Vermicelli Noodles), a shredded barbeque chicken and Chang’s Oriental Fried Noodle Salad Dressing (I might be a little addicted to this dressing).
So if you have a crowd to feed, this is an easy, healthy and fresh salad that everyone will enjoy.
1 ½ Packets of Chang’s Rice Vermicelli Noodle (this is 6 individual portions).
1 Btl Chang’s Oriental Fried Noodle Salad Dressing
1 Pre cooked BBQ Chicken
½ Head of Iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 Capsicum, diced
1 Cucumber, diced
2 Carrots, grated
1 Can of Corn Kernels, rinsed and drained
1 Can of Peas, rinsed and drained
1 Trifle bowl or large glass serving bowl
LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
1. Boil the kettle, then in a large heat proof bowl place the 6 portions of Chang’s Rice Vermicelli Noodles. Pour the boiling water over it until they are all covered and leave to sit while you prepare the salad ingredients.
2. Take the pre-cooked BBQ chicken and remove all the meat from the bones, shred into bite sized pieces.
3. The vermicelli should now be white and soft. Pour out the hot water and run under cold water to cool. Drain all excess water.
4. Start to layer your salad. Start with a layer of vermicelli, capsicum, lettuce, chicken, carrot, mores noodle etc. Layer as you like to create the lovely effect.
5. Serve with a bottle of Chang’s Oriental Fried Noodle Salad Dressing.
Tip: You can spoon straight from the bowl to the plate or into some little takeaway food boxes as shown in the photo.
Best enjoyed on the day of making. Otherwise it will keep in the fridge without any dressing for up to 3 days.
What’s your signature dish you take on a picnic or bbq?
Chang’s offers an extensive range of products from must-have sauces and noodles with over 30 gluten-free products.
Chang’s noodles and sauces are available from major supermarkets. Visit www.changs.com for the complete range and more recipes.
This is a sponsored for Chang’s. Recipe, images and opinions expressed are my own.