This recipe is a really great way to enjoy the flavour and texture of a doughnut with out all the time consuming cooking. Using a cake pop maker you will have about 30 of these balls made in around 20 minutes.
These went down a treat with all the family, even hubby who isn’t much of a cake person was digging in.
100gm Butter, softened
1/4 Cup Sugar
2 Cups Plain Flour
1 Tsp Bicarbonate Soda
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Raw Sugar
2 Tsp Cinnamon, ground
100gm Butter, melted
LETS PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- Turn the cake pop maker on to heat. If you don’t have a cake pop maker spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Place the softened butter, sugar and egg into a large mixing bowl and mix together well with a spoon.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well to form a smooth batter.
- Place spoonfuls of the mix into the cake pop maker and close the lid. Allow to cook for 5 minutes or until they bounce back with touched. Repeat with the remaining batter. If using the mini muffin tray bake in a preheated 180 degree celcius oven for 10-15 minutes or until they bounce back when touched.
- Combine the sugar and sugar on flat tray and have the melted butter in a bowl. Dip the ball into the butter melted quickly (you don’t want it to soak in) then roll in the cinnamon sugar and place onto a plate. Repeat for the remaining balls.
Makes approx 30
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Freezer friendly: place into zip lock bags and freeze for up to 3 months.