In my previous post for Raspberry & Pear Loaf I mentioned why I had decided to make a few recipes with raspberries.
This recipe for Chocolate & Raspberry Brownies is so quick and easy to make that it will become a family favourite in no time.
125 gm butter, chopped
2 Cups Chocolate (eating chocolate – dark would be perfect for this as well)
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1 Cup Plain Flour
1 Cup Frozen Raspberries
Icing sugar, to serve
LET’S PUT IT ALTOGETHER
1. In a small saucepan place the butter and chocolate, stir occasionally until melted and smooth. Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
2. Add the brown sugar and vanilla essence to the chocolate mixture followed by the eggs, stir until combined.
3. Stir through the flour and finally fold through the raspberries until just combined.
4. Pour into a greased and lined slice baking tray or as I have used a 12 whole square muffin tray.
5. Bake in a 180 degree Celsius oven for 30 minutes or until set.
6. Allow to cool slightly in the tray and then remove (if using the slice tray, cut into 12 pieces) and serve with a generous dusting of icing sugar and more raspberries.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days (if they last that long)
Freezer Friendly: Place individual pieces into zip lock bags and freeze
Lunchbox Friendly: Remove from the freezer and place straight into the lunchbox, they will be defrosted by morning tea.