Christmas isn’t Christmas unless you indulge in a little baking right? This year I have added a new truffle recipe to my list – Chocolate Ginger Nut Truffles. Combining true Christmas flavours of chocolate and ginger your taste buds will be dancing with each bite.
These make a perfect homemade baked gift or are a lovely addition to coffee when you have family and friends over. Either way you may find yourself making these several times before the big day.
1 Packet Ginger Nut Biscuits 250gms
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk 397gms
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence/Extract/Paste
3 Tbs Cocoa
2 Tsp Rum Essence – or you can use real rum if the kids aren’t eating them
1/2 Desiccated Coconut plus extra for rolling in
LETS PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
1. Using a food processor process the ginger nut biscuits until they are a fine crumble.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
3. Spread onto a baking tray and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until it becomes easy to roll into balls.
4. Roll tablespoon full amounts into a ball and then into the coconut. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
5. Place onto a flat tray and place back in the fridge for another hour or two.
Place each truffle into mini cupcake liners and store in an airtight container.
These will last for several weeks in the fridge.