This two layer Caster rocky road is so eggcellent (see what I did there). A milk chocolate layered topped with filled mini eggs and marshmallows, followed by a white chocolate layered again filled with marshmallows and topped with all the remaining eggs and ever so pretty speckled eggs.
I purchased all of the ingredients from Aldi and cost about $10 and you get over 20 serves. This would make the perfect Easter present for all rocky road lovers.
250gm White Chocolate Bits
250gm Milk Chocolate Bits
100gm Mini Marshmallows
1 Packet Speckled Eggs
1 Packet Mini Milky Eggs
1 Packet Mini Filled Strawberry Eggs
Note: You can vary the additions used to suit what you like.
LETS PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
1.Place the milk chocolate melts into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute on high. remove from the microwave and stir until all the bits are melted. Add half the marshmallows and stir through.
2. Pour into a lined slice pan and spread out. Top with half of the mini strawberry filled eggs and 1half of the mini milky eggs.
3. Place the white chocolate melts into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute on high. remove from the microwave and stir until all the bits are melted. Add half the marshmallows and stir through.
4. Pour over the chocolate base and spread. Top with the remaining strawberry filled eggs and milky eggs and then the speckled eggs.
5. Place into the fridge to set for 2-3 hours
6. Remove from the fridge and remove from the tin and cut into squares. Place into a air tight container and store in the fridge. This will last for quite a while unless it gets all eaten.